Anyone who’s met me knows that my daytime makeup look is pretty basic (just some mascara and lip tint). It only takes around 15 minutes to complete so it’s definitely a great routine for when you don’t have much time!
My biggest concern growing up has always been my skin. I break out pretty easily and it has always been difficult for me to find foundation with great coverage that doesn’t feel cakey, and also doesn’t make my skin more oily. Since my day time look doesn’t include eye makeup, this post focuses more on products for the entire face. Click here for my previous post on tips for winged eye liner.
Keep reading for the products I found work best with my skin (these are listed in order of application)!
- NYX Studio Perfect Primer: I use the green primer that is meant to decrease redness, which is perfect for my skin! My skin is prone to break outs so green is the best option for me to use under foundation. The NYX primer is a great base and increases the longevity of the foundation. I have been using this primer for a few years now and definitely live by it!
- NARS All Day Luminous Foundation: After years of using a different foundation, I stumbled across this NARS foundation and I am hooked! It is long lasting, weightless and has great coverage at the same time. Click here to read about my experience with this product!
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: This is a LIFE CHANGING product for me! It is a great setting powder, and it keeps my makeup from getting oily. Also, as an Indian girl, it has always been hard for me to find a powder that doesn’t come off as “ashy.” This product is translucent, so it works great on fair to medium skin!
- Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray: I have been using this product for about 6 years now and it is a staple in my makeup routine. I use this setting spray every time I put foundation on and it works miracles. My makeup doesn’t budge for hours and my face stays oil free!
- Benefit Cosmetics – They’re Real! Mascara: This is one of my all time favorite mascara! Since my day time look is pretty basic, I don’t want too much volume on my lashes and this is the perfect product to avoid that. It puts on just the right amount to give my lashes some weight, but also make them perfect for the day time look!
- Becca Beach Tint: This was a new type of product for me, because in the past I would always use highly pigmented lipsticks but for the day time, I would always need to blot to decrease the color. This tint is great because it just adds color to your lips and doesn’t stain! This just adds a “natural” pink/red tint to your lips and looks like you aren’t even wearing lipstick! Quick tip: this product is very drying, so I always put lip balm on top.
As I said above, my day time look is pretty basic. Below are images from my typical night time or “going out” look. Comment and let me know if you guys want to see the products I use to achieve this look! I also have a slightly “more done” day time look so let me know if you guys want to see that as well!